Information for our Skype presenters.
Before the Skype-in
- Please (re)familiarize yourself with the Skype functions that you will need for delivering your presentation. If possible, do a trial run with a colleague and/or friend.
- Please make sure that you are running the latest version of Skype, which should also enable you to share your presentation slides (if you have any; see, for example, this short description).
- Please make sure that you Skype-in from a place where you have fast and stable access to the internet.
- Please prepare a stand-alone microphone and earphones, or a headphone/mic combo and make sure that they are in working condition. We would like you to use headphones so that there won't be any echo.
- Please make sure to log on and check in with one of our tech assistants via the Skype chat at least 15 mins. prior to the beginning of the panel you are in (not the beginning of your paper). All times in the conference program are Central European Time (CET).
During the Skype-in
- Please anticipate occasional time lags. So, please speak and change your slides (if applicable) deliberately and do not hesitate to pause for a bit every now and then.
- Please remain live via video for the entire panel.
- While the other presenters deliver their papers, we kindly ask you to mute your microphone.
- Please turn your mic back on (and your presentation off, if you had one running) once the panel progresses to the Q&A with the audience.